Discover Car Hire in San Francisco
San Francisco is a large and diverse city, with lots to offer travellers. The weather in "The Golden City" is characteristic of California's coast, with mild winters and dry summers.
When arriving at San Francisco Airport you can collect your car from the Rental Car Center located within the airport grounds or at an offsite location close by. It takes about 25 mins to drive into the city from the airport. Our suppliers also have various downtown depots and iconic locations such as Union Square or Fisherman's Wharf for your convenience.
You can choose from a huge variety of rental vehicles in San Francisco, with a range of sizes and models. Whether you're after small & compact rental car to zip around the city, a sedan with a large boot to fit in all your shopping or even SUV size for the whole family - DriveAway will have a car for you!
For more information about driving in San Francisco, check out our USA Driving Tips page. It features plenty of information to keep you confident about driving in the USA. If you still have any questions, our team are always happy to answer them! Simply contact us on 0800 885 590 and speak to one of our reservations specialists.
At DriveAway we're proud of our competitive prices and to ensure you get the best deal, visit our USA Car Rental Deals page to view all the latest deals in San Francisco and around USA.
Experience San Francisco
San Francisco is an ever-changing city with a big heart, it offers more than enough to do and is an excellent starting point for exploring the rest of the state. This is what we suggest you check out:
- Escape the hustle and bustle of Napa Valley and take a car rental drive to visit Sonoma for some wine tasting. It’s an easy one hour drive north of San Francisco. Sonoma Plaza is also home to boutique shopping and lots of fabulous restaurants.
- Feeling adventurous? Drive 4 hours east of San Francisco to Yosemite National Park and explore one of the most stunning natural spots in America. It's also a UNESCO World Heritage Site, renowned for its biological diversity, granite cliffs, tumbling waterfalls and crystal clear lakes and streams.
- Drive along the Pacific Coast Highway all the way from San Francisco down to San Diego.
- Catch a ferry and visit Alcatraz Island, bring a camera to capture the Golden Gate Bridge!
- San Francisco is also known for its parks with over 220 parks and recreational spaces throughout the city to relax in.
Driving in San Francisco
San Francisco is known for its revolutionary spirit, its iconic golden gate bridge and as a melting pot of culture. Although the city isn’t large, it is the most densely settled city in California with a population of nearly 1 million. As many as there are people in San Francisco, there are things to do, eat and see – having a car rental in San Francisco will make getting from point A to B much more accessible.
Where To Park in San Francisco
San Francisco is a tech hub and in a city full of programmers, parking can be made really simple by using a top-notch parking app. Apps like ParkMe and SpotHero provide a view of where the parking garages and available street parking are located and how much they will cost. You can also reserve parking spots through these apps.
Whatever you want to do, having a San Francisco car rental helps you get from point A to B. To get started, simply enter your preferred dates and locations into the booking section at the top of this page. You can then search & compare prices between all of our suppliers in San Francisco. Book online with DriveAway today for the best price guaranteed!
|Cities (To and From)||Distance (Approx. km)||Travel Time (Approx. hr)|
|San Francisco – San Jose||78||1|
|San Francisco – Yosemite Valley||339||4|
|San Francisco – San Louis Obispo||372||3.5|
|San Francisco – Los Angeles||617||6|
Top Locations in the USA
Check out some of our top locations for USA car rental.