Discover Car Hire in Toowoomba
Toowoomba - nicknamed the Garden City of Queensland is home to over 240 public parks and gardens. Nowhere else in Queensland will you experience all four seasons as distinctively - think crisp winter air, knee-deep autumn leaves, clear summer days & a burst of colour in spring. And even though Toowoomba is Southern Queensland's biggest city, it still maintains an authentic country vibe. Toowoomba is just 90 minutes from Brisbane, set on the edge of the Great Dividing Range, 800m above sea level. This beautiful city is renowned for its wide open spaces, historical architecture & friendly country hospitality. You will also find plenty of options for fine dining, cultural centres & shopping opportunities for all tastes.
If you're looking to explore Southern Queensland, a self-drive adventure is the way to go! Car rental in Toowoomba makes it easy to go beyond the coast and discover outback Queensland, where many Australian stories began. We search & compare car rental in Toowoomba with the leading car rental supplier in Australia. Brisbane West Wellcamp Airport is the gateway for those flying straight into Toowoomba. Our car rental suppliers are located within Brisbane West Wellcamp Airport airport terminals for convenient collection. This means you can hop off your flight, and start your self-drive adventure instantly! We also offer downtown pick up / drop off for those who prefer this option. Brisbane Airport is the next closest airport to Toowoomba, located only 90 minutes away. Collect your car rental from Brisbane Airport and start your journey by continuing onto Toowoomba and beyond.
Booking your car rental in Toowoomba with DriveAway is easy. Simply enter your pick-up and drop-off locations and dates above to get started. We offer a range of sizes and classes from small & economic through to full size, SUV & people movers. You can book confidently knowing you are receiving the best price guaranteed for car rental in Toowoomba. For more information contact us or call 0800 885 590.
Toowoomba and the south-west region are the hidden jewels of Queensland. To the west you’ll find rolling plains which are home to little rural townships, and hospitable bed & breakfasts. Cruise north to Crows Nest through small country towns and check out nurseries, cafés, museums and galleries. Go south into the country that was the inspiration for many great Australian stories, and enjoy the atmosphere in rustic historic pubs. In the north-west, the Bunya Mountains rise dramatically against the sky and offer spectacular mountain scenery, walking trails an abundance of local wildlife.
While Toowoomba & the surrounding Southern Queensland region offers endless attractions and opportunities for relaxation or exciting adventures - here's a list of some of our favourites!
- Cobb & Co Museum - Home of natural and cultural history in Toowoomba. Wander through the charming National Carriage Collection and discover how the 47 horse-drawn vehicles played an important role in Queensland's development.
- Ju Raku En Japanese Garden - One of the cities most peaceful and beautiful parks. Features a mountain stream and waterfall, Dry Garden, central lake, Azalea Hill, and 230 species of Japanese and Australian native trees and plants along 3kms of peaceful pathways.
- Picnic Point Park and Look out - One of the 'must see' spots in Toowoomba! Experience sweeping views over the valley, take a stroll around the landscaped gardens, pack a picnic, release your inner child on the playground facilities.
- The Granite Belt - The answer to a wine country in Queensland. The region boasts a cool Alpine climate year round, perfect for a delicate verdhello and bold shiraz. Enjoy 4 & 5 star James Halliday rated wineries and award-winning restuarants - the ultimate foodies retreat.
- Margaret Street Shopping - The main shopping street in Toowoomba. The precinct features Grand Central and Garden Town shopping centres, along with boutique shopping, cafes and cinemas.
- Empire Theatre - This art-deco styled & heritage listed venue is Australia's largest regional performing arts complex and stages world-class shows from leading national and international performers.
Want some destination inspiration? Check out some of these driving itineraries created to discover this exciting region!
|Cities (To and From)||Distance (Approx. km)||Travel Time (Approx. hr)|
|Toowoomba to Brisbane West Wellcamp Airport||20||0.5|
|Toowoomba to Brisbane||125||1.75|
|Toowoomba to Gold Coast||180||2.25|
|Toowoomba to Stanthorpe||143||1.75|
|Toowoomba to Dalby||83||1|