Driving Tips in South Africa
Car Rental Depot information in South Africa
A car rental with DriveAway Holidays offers convenience and freedom on your holiday in South Africa. Our reputable suppliers offer competitive rates amongst a wide range of vehicles and destinations.
Car Hire Driving Distances in South Africa
- Cape Town to George – 440 kms (5 hrs)
- Cape Town to Johannesburg – 1400 kms
- Johannesburg to Pretoria – 60 kms ( 40 mins)
- Port Elizabeth to East London – 310 kms ( 4 hrs)
- Pretoria to Cape Town – 435 kms (5 hrs)
- Johannesburg to Polokwane – 320 kms (3 hrs)
- Johannesburg to Nelspruit – 350 kms (4 hrs/ 20 mins)
- Johannesburg to Rustenburg – 130 kms (2hrs)
- Polokwane to Nelspruit – 300 kms (4 hrs)
- Johannesburg to Durban – 580 kms (6 hrs/ 20 mins)
- Durban to Nelspruit – 700 kms (9 hrs)
- Durban to Port Elizabeth – 900 kms (11 hrs/ 30 mins)
- Port Elizabeth to Bloemfontein – 660 kms (8 hrs/ 30 mins)
- Johannesburg to Bloemfontein – 400 kms ( 4 hrs/ 30 mins)
- Port Elizabeth to Cape Town – 760 kms (9hrs)
A full valid driver’s license is required for a minimum of 2 years. An International drivers licence is recommended.
Generally the minimum age is 21 years, but can vary between the car rental company and location. Maximum age limits apply in some locations, a young/senior driver surcharge may apply. Please check Terms and Conditions when making an enquiry or booking.
*Please note distances and time should only be used as a guide, and may vary according to the route taken.