Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
We understand that due to the ongoing impact of the Coronavirus and the corresponding changes and implications to travel and border protection policies worldwide, your travel may be affected.
The DriveAway team is in daily contact with our car, motorhome and Euro-Leasing suppliers to ensure we have the most accurate information available to support our valued customers as this situation evolves.
For any immediate help, contact our customer and agent support teams on 0800 885 590. Our phone number for international calls can be found on our contact us page.
As we are currently experiencing high volumes of calls and amendments, we will be working through bookings by collection date for efficiency. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time and value your ongoing support.
For advice on travel restrictions and general Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates, please refer to the New Zealand Government, Ministry of Health website.
For further information on amendments and cancellations, please find our policies below.
Amendment and Cancellation Policy
Amendments: No charge, unless applied by the supplier. If an amendment occurs, DriveAway reserves the right to re-price. All amendments must be made directly with DriveAway. Conditions apply. In some cases, travel agent charges will also apply.
Credit: Credit vouchers are available if your car hire booking has been impacted by COVID travel restrictions or snap lockdowns. DriveAway credit vouchers can apply towards any DriveAway products in 2021 or 2022. Credit vouchers must be used or booked before 31 December 2022. Please note that a cancellation fee may apply if you choose to cancel your credit and request a refund.
- For car hire bookings created from 1 June 2020 until 30 April 2021 and cancelled prior to collection, a cancellation fee of NZD44 incl GST applies. In some cases, supplier levied fees and/or travel agent charges may apply.
- For bookings created from 1 May 2021 and cancelled prior to collection there is NO cancellation fee. In some cases, supplier levied fees and/or travel agent charges may apply.
- For car hire bookings created from 1 June 2020 until 30 April 2021 and cancelled after the confirmed collection date or is a 'non-collection', a cancellation fee of NZD110 incl GST plus supplier levied fees (if applicable) will be charged. Credit card fees apply. Supplier non-collection fees vary and in certain cases are 100% non-refundable. Please enquire for further information regarding non-collection fees.
- For bookings created from 1 May 2021 and cancelled after the confirmed collection date or is a 'non-collection', the FULL PRICE of the rental will be charged. Credit card fees apply.
Refunds are being actioned by our Accounts Department in cancellation date order.
- Due to the high number of cancellations, processing refunds are taking longer than normal. We thank you for your patience during this time.
Amendments: If an amendment occurs, DriveAway reserves the right to re-price. All amendments must be made directly with DriveAway. Please check at the time of booking for full details.
Credit: Credit vouchers are available if impacted by COVID travel restrictions or snap lockdowns. DriveAway credit vouchers can apply towards any DriveAway products in 2021 or 2022. Credit vouchers must be used or booked before 31 December 2022. Some Motorhome suppliers offer credit for future reservations instead of cancellation fees, which we will check and advise, depending on supplier terms and conditions. Please note that this option is not available for all suppliers and must be reviewed on a case by case basis. Please note that if you choose to cancel your credit and request a refund, a cancellation fee and supplier fees will apply.
Cancellations: For most motorhome rentals, a NZD500 + 20% cancellation fee may apply if cancelled 30 days prior to pick up. Cancellation less than 30 days may result in a 50% to 100% cancellation fee, depending on the supplier. In some cases, travel agent charges will also apply.
Amendments: No changes can be made within 21 days of pick up. Any changes to the name made after the booking is confirmed will incur a fee for every change that is made. For further information please contact DriveAway.
Credit: If you cancel your booking outside six weeks of the collection date, a credit can be held on file and used towards any DriveAway products in 2021 or 2022. Bookings must be made before 31 December 2022. Any bookings cancelled within six weeks of the collection; this option is also available but only for the DriveAway cancellation fee. Supplier fees will be charged and maintained.
If booking is cancelled outside 22 days of collection and the vehicle has not been registered a cancellation fee of NZD350 will apply.
If a booking is cancelled within 21 days of collection or the vehicle has been registered a cancellation fee of NZD1300 + Supplier levy will apply
An administration charge of NZD250 in addition to the set cancellation fees will be applied upon the cancellation of a confirmed booking within six weeks of the collection date.
Non-collection fees also apply
Last updated: 24 June 2021
All information is correct at time of print & subject to change without notice. For DriveAway's Terms & Conditions, click here.
DAH Holdings Pty Ltd - Part of the Auto Europe LLC Group
Level 1, 157 Walker Street
North Sydney, NSW 2060